Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) is an efficient, cost-effective system for reducing NOx. The high-pressure EGR loop collects part of the exhaust gases at the cylinder head outlet and re-injects them into the engine air intake. The main benefit is that NOx is reduced at the source by limiting their quantities produced during the combustion process rather than by post-treating the exhaust gases.
A correctly operating EGR system is required for a cleaner combustion process and for adhering to the legislation.
As one of the leaders in this field, Valeo has a complete range of competitive solutions based on high and low pressure architectures for gasoline and diesel engines. Valeo’s solutions meet the most challenging of automakers’ demands in terms of cost, quality and reliability.
- Valeo is in 2014 the only supplier of full EGR systems that include the valve and heat exchanger.
- Valeo already offers innovative solutions for increasing the rate of gas recycling in diesel engines, and cutting CO2 emissions from petrol engines by 7-8%. Valeo’s Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) is an efficient, cost-effective system for reducing NOx
- Valeo won the 2013 PACE AWARD. Valeo products are developed in order to be up to date with the car makers' engine innovation
- 100% O.E. quality
- Valeo has over 20 years of experience in developing EGR products and has a strong expertise in engine management systems
- Valeo EGR is developed with high quality materials that can withstand the corrosive environment to which they are subjected.
- In 2014, Valeo is the only OE supplier offering a complete system, including EGR valve and EGR cooler, which covers the proposed range.
- Valeo’s EGR valves reduce the quantity of oxygen located in the combustion chamber, and so, decreases the creation of pollutant gases by between 15% to 30%.
- Valeo proposes a full range of products, covering all major car manufacturers
Valeo EGR products, your solution for reducing CO2 and NOx emissions.
The EGR products may be involved if any of these symptoms occur
- Black / white smoke
- Loss of power
- Increase of fuel consumption
- Loud noise from the engine
- Warning light diagnostic
- Loss of performance